Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Two Female Suicide Bombers Hit Kano(Graphic Photo Of Mangled Body Of Bomber Inside)


kano blast use
Two female suicide bombers struck in different parts of Kano on Monday, killing  and injuring many on a day Muslim faithful thronged the prayer grounds in the city to observe the Eid-el-Fitri.
The first attack took place at about 10am on a Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Mega station   at Hotoro Quarters along Maiduguri Road. The second was at about 1.40pm at the Trade Fair Complex entrance on Zoo Road.
But there were conflicting figures on the numbers of the killed and injured.

Only on Sunday, a bomber hurled explosives at worshippers in a Catholic church in the city, killing five and wounding eight. The same day, a 15-year-old female suicide bomber killed herself while trying to target some police officers.
There have been no claims of responsibility for any of the blasts, but fingers point at the militant   Islamist group, Boko Haram.
A resident, Tijjani Isa, told the Associated Press that the first bomber was standing in line with many women buying kerosene before she set off the bomb.
Another resident was quoted by the Agence France Presse as saying that the “female bomber who was milling in the crowd set off explosives concealed under her dress.”
The resident, Habibu Ali, added that “several people, mostly women, were killed.”
Ali’s account, according to the AFP, was supported by another resident, Shehu Mudi, who said that many were killed.

But the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adelenre Shinaba, told journalists that doctors at the Murtala Muhammad Hospital confirmed the death of three, out of the 10 people evacuated from the scene.
He added that the impact of the blast caused partial damage to the canopy of the kerosene section of the mega station.
The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, however said   in a statement that four people, including the bomber, died while eight were injured in the mega station attack.
Mba said,
“The suicide bomber and three others have been confirmed dead, eight persons were injured and rushed to the hospital.
“It is instructive to note that the mega station did not go ablaze due to the security barricade put in place by the policemen on duty at the station.
“Security forces have cordoned off the scene and police bomb disposal experts are sweeping the area.”
He added that investigation into the incident had begun, while security operatives had intensified patrol of the city.

The second blast occurred when the female suicide bomber  aged about 19,   blew up herself and injured six others, including two policemen at the entrance gate of the Kano Trade Fair Complex near Shoprite.

The state Police command spokesman, Magaji Majia, told journalists that   security operatives had stopped the suspect for screening when the IEDs hidden under her dress went off.

Majia said the policemen had been treated and discharged, while the remaining four persons are still in hospital.

He said the mangled body of the female suicide bomber was recovered and deposited at an undisclosed government hospital.
Graphic PHOTO: Charred remains of female suicide bomber (Viewer's discretion)
Photo: mangled body of the 2nd female suicide bomber

The police added that investigations had commenced with a view to unraveling those behind the renewed attacks on the city.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment