Monday, July 21, 2014

9 year old South African boy renews his marriage vows with his 62 year old bride[Photos]


A nine-year-old schoolboy from South Africa renewed his vows with his 62-year-old wife. The boy by name , Saneie Masilela wedded  Helen Shabangu after a year of their first marriage . The second marriage ceremony was this time held at the home of the bride in Ximhungwe in Mpumalanga, South Africa, with  100 guests in attendance .
Last year , the boy tied the knot with his bride , Helen Shabangu  , after claiming he had been told by his dead ancestors to wed.  Continue reading to see more photos

Young groom Sanele said he hopes to wed a woman his own age when he was older.
"I told my mother that I wanted to get married because I really did want to.I'm happy that I married Helen - but I will go to school and study hard. When I'm older I will marry a lady my own age.I chose Helen because I love her and although we don't live together all the time we meet at the dumping site where my mother works regularly."
The boy's mum  agreed to the marriage . She said :
"Our families are very close. It was nice celebrate with a wedding once more, it was after all a calling from the ancestors.By doing this we made the ancestors happy. If we hadn't done what my son had asked then something bad would have happened in the family."
The bride Helen, whose children are aged between 38 and 28, said she was still happy with the arrangement( remember this was done to make the ancestors happy)
"I'm very happy that the boy chose me and my family support and understand that it is part of making ancestors happyOne day Sanele would grow normally and have family of his own and get married one day, all this ceremony is for making ancestors happy. We are playing."
The boy  and his bride did not sign a marriage certificate and do not have to live together. Both have gone back to their normal lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment