Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nicki Minaj And Mariah Carey Bicker And Banter At American Idol TCA Panel!


mariah-carey-nicki-minaj-tcas-fight-american-idol.jpg
It became crystal clear at the TCAs this morning that nothing about the feud between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey on American Idol is staged.
Nicki and Mariah joined Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the press panel to discuss the show, but the attention quickly turned to the ongoing fight between the two divas who continued to shoot quippy remarks at one another throughout the press tour.
Mariah explained:
"This is a very passionate panel and there are a lot of strong personalities. Starting this process I thought there was the possibility that there was going to be a difference of opinion…The fighting is what it is. This is American Idol. It's bigger than all that…The whole thing is convoluted. It's a distraction from the show and a distraction from the contestants. It's unfair to them. It shouldn't be about any of us, it should be about them. It's not supposed to be about us, it's about the contestants."
Perhaps the women are just too different to get along? Even their judging approach is combative.
While MiMi admitted she has a hard time rejecting hopefuls, Nicki said passionately:
"When I watch these shows and someone says yes to someone who clearly doesn't deserve it, it bothers me, it bothers me in my soul. I want to jump through the TV. When I came on, I didn't really have a problem saying no because I felt like we were looking for the best of the best. I didn't like when people were overtly passive about that talent…Everyone's being paid to be here. For me, it was completely different. I don't feel the need to send someone through just because of a great story."
Maybe the dueling entertainers need one another to balance out the panel and make the right decision about who will be the next Idol winner??!!!
Either way, it's sure to boost ratings and all Keith has to do is sit back and let it happen.
Lucky dog!
Don't forget to watch the verbal tirade—oh and the search for the next superstar— January 16!!
[Image via WENN.]

No comments:

Post a Comment