The deceased, identified as Oche Samuel, was said to have met his death at the shop of a motorcycle mechanic in the area.
It was learnt that the deceased had taken his bike for repairs before the sad incident.
An eyewitness, who identified himself only as Kayode, said as Samuel entered into the shop, a Power Holding Company of Nigeria high tension cable sparked and fell on Ailegun Road, off Ronik College.
Kayode said when the incident happened, tension was heightened in the area, resulting in residents running helter-skelter.
He said in the ensuing confusion, Samuel marched on some of the fallen cables and he was electrocuted.
The eyewitness said fear of being electrocuted prevented sympathisers from giving Samuel first aid.
He said by the time an official of the PHCN arrived the scene for on-the-spot assessment, Samuel had died.
Kayode said it was through the deceased’s mobile phone they were able to get his brother.
He said when the deceased’s brother came, he took the corpse to the mortuary.
As of 8.30pm on Saturday, the fire on the pole was still not put out.
“The man, an okada rider went to a mechanic workshop to repair his motorcycle. It was during the time that the electric pole started to spark. In the process, he was electrocuted. His corpse has been deposited at the morgue of General Hospital, Isolo,” she said. The spokesperson said investigation on the matter was ongoing.